Cold showers have become popular in recent years. But why exactly have so many people started taking cold showers? Well, it’s not just a fad or a quick fix to get rid of that stinky sweat. There is actually a lot of science-backed research that explains why taking cold showers is good for you and your body. In this article, we will cover everything from how taking a shower every day can be detrimental to your health, to the wonderful benefits of taking cold showers.
Why are Cold Showers Trending?
We are in the midst of a fitness and health revolution. Fitness trackers, meal-delivery services, and diet apps are becoming more and more popular. As people look to find quick and convenient ways to lose weight, many are turning to “fitness vacations”, like the ones offered by 6-W-O-R-D-Fitness, LipoFix, or other similar programs. However, what if there was something more effective and sustainable than a few weeks of fasts and diet pills? What if there was something that could help you get into great shape without having to take time off from your busy life? Cold showers have become increasingly popular in recent years due to their many health benefits. You can take a cold shower for as many minutes as you want, and the longer you do it the more it will benefit you.
Is there science behind cold showers?
Yes. You may have heard that taking a cold shower can reduce stress and improve your mental health. This is because of the paradoxical effect of cooling your body down. When you are too hot, you sweat as a way to cool down your core temperature. However, when you are too cold, your body produces vasoconstriction which causes you to sweat so that you do not get too cold. Take a look at these other health benefits of taking cold showers:
- Cold Showers Are Exfoliating – Cold water has been found to increase blood flow to your skin, thus providing an excellent exfoliating experience. This means that your pores are being exposed to more dead skin cells, which results in cleaner, smoother skin.
- Cold Showers Are Detoxifying – Cold water causes your blood to flow to your skin and your pores more rapidly, which makes it easier for your liver and kidneys to get rid of toxins that are stored in your body.
- Cold Showers Are Better For Metabolism – Studies have shown improvement in your bodies metabolism following periods of using cold therapies such as cold showers.
- Cold Showers Are Better For Your Skin – In addition to getting rid of toxins and excess skin cells, cold water has been found to reduce acne and rosacea.
- Cold Showers Are Better For Your Bones – Your body is more likely to retain calcium when exposed to cooler temperatures. This makes it easier for your body to maintain your bone health.
Why Cold Showers Benefits
Now that you know why taking a cold shower is good for your body, let’s look at why it is great for you in general:
- Cold Showers Are Better At Detoxifying – You are more likely to get toxins out of your body with a cold shower than with a hot shower.
- Cold Showers Are Better At Calming Your Body – Cold water has been found to calm your nervous system, making you feel more relaxed and less stressed.
- Cold Showers Are Better At Calming Your Mind – As we mentioned above, cold water has been found to calm your nervous system, which can help you relax and get a good night’s sleep.
- Cold Showers Are Better At Strengthening Your Immune System – Your immune system is more active when you are cold, which means that you are better protected against diseases.
- Cold Showers Are Better At Strengthening Your Muscles – Your muscles are more active when you are cold, which means that you are better protected against injuries.
Taking a cold shower is beneficial for overall health because it can help you lose weight, lower your blood pressure, strengthen your immune system, and more. If you are not used to taking cold showers, it may feel uncomfortable at first, but you will get used to it. There are many benefits to taking a cold shower, including better blood flow and stronger muscles. Many people also find that taking a cold shower improves their mental health, as well as their skin. Therefore, if you’re looking for a quick and easy way to improve your health and lose weight, you may want to consider taking a cold shower from time to time.
**Always speak to your doctor before trying any new therapies like cold showers.